Statement of Faith
We hold to traditional Christian values and beliefs which can be summarised by saying that:
We believe that the Old Testament and New Testament Scriptures (the Bible) in their original writing are fully inspired by God and accept them as the supreme and final authority for faith and life
If you are interested in the detail, then we hold to the Evangelical Alliance Statement of faith which you can read below:
Statement of Faith taken from the Evangelical Alliance page:
- The one true God who lives eternally in three persons—the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
- The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God—fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
- The dignity of all people, made male and female in God's image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement.
- The incarnation of God’s eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ—born of the virgin Mary; truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
- The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
- The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection; his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world.
- The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
- The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
- The Church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers—given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit's gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
- The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and new earth.
Regular Sunday Meetings
11 am at Rickards Hall, 72a High Street, Edenbridge TN8 5AR
Special Baptism Service
17th Oct 3.30 pm at the Eden Church (Eden Centre)
(No morning meeting this week, contact us for more details)
Worship, Bible teaching, Friendship, Children's and young peoples activities and clubs
Find us on Facebook and Youtube (see below) for:
encouragements and other news.
Face Book: Grace Community Church, Edenbridge
You tube link (Grace Community Church and Dave White)